Thursday, September 4, 2014

Shameless self promo (but for a good cause)

As a mom I wear many hats, one of them I wear is an artist for south hill designs. 

During the month of September I will be donating 1/2 of my total commissions to the Hosptial for Sick Children's Women's Ancillary Bravery Beads Program. 

My daughter at 6 months old started having what looked like plums growing from her neck.  After 7 days at our local Hosptial (who pretty much summed after trying 2 different meds said whatever & sent her home).  I said enough of this and took her I sick kids.  They told me to come back in 4 days and they will operate.  We came home 9 days later.  My little girl endured 2 surgeries to drain, wash and close two clusters of infected and dead lymph nodes from her neck.  As they found it was the MRSA virus, how she got it in Canada, and inside her neck when the rest of her was negative for it they have no idea, she was placed in isolation.  This meant she was bound to her room and wasn't aloud to attend any of the plays or play groups.  She did however get spoiled with everything we could do to help pass her days.  One thing we did was "enroll" her in the bravery beads program.  She got 1 bead for every procedure they did to her, she even got them for having bm's, being in isolation, and finally eating again.  This program means a lot to soo many children there but they need donations to help keep it going. 

So please have a look at my website, think of holiday shopping, birthdays, weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, just for your or just because and place an order this September and from me as I am the only artist doing this, as it's my own doing. 

Http://www.southhilldesigns.com/SHDbyMelissa 

Thank you 
❤️Mélisa 


No comments:

Post a Comment